Here is a list of the full changes:
– LWJGL base now works on MacOSX 10.7+ incl. Applets
– Hardware Skinning
– Shader Nodes
– Better Character (beta)
– New LOD Generator!
– TangentBinormalGenerator was refactored
– Better physics debug view
– Now bundles a compatible version of the JDK
– Now bundles a version of Blender for conversion and more
– Shader Node Editor (!)
– Code completion for assets
– Texture Atlas creation and packed texture handling
– External editor mesh updates for j3o files
– Seamless 3DS and Collada import through blender
– Improvements to model import tool, allows to locate and import textures
– Attach custom AppStates to the SDK editor scene
– New help and error log system, look for the monkey in the bottom right!
– Improved Font Importer
– Improved support for using other IDEs for code
– Improved obfuscation support for protecting your applications code
Besides general advanced of this Java based game engine, some changes of the list of new features are especially interesting! I think that for example their graphical editor of GLSL shaders is something that could benefit even projects not using jMonkey3 itself, and it is definitely something that was lacking as a FOSS game-dev tool (the half-heartily implementation for something like this in Blender has yet to reach the level of real usability).
Check out the link above to learn more about this shader node editor!