3.1 Release Candidate 2 is now available at our Source Forge web page for all platforms, and that is located at the usual location:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone … s/3.1_rc2/
Release Candidate 1 ran into some issues, and therefore skipped.
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don’t expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.
Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
- New terrain renderer*
- Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
- Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
- Gates in multiplayer games
- New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
- New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
- Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won’t all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
- Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
- Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
- Command line parameters now need a ‘=’ (which was optional before), e.g. –resolution=1400×1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 RC2 (thanks to JDW):
- Change: Clear any remaining pathfinding job for the unit on loading into a transporter. Also fixes minor memory leaks (032956e649, 88e9439166)
- Change: Log and error reporting improvements (845903e5b6, 3640b024f2)
- Change: Added checks to detect hard drive failures (134c51c890)
- Change: Do not halt production in factories on unit template becoming redundant (7621581c8f)
- Change: Don’t rename AI players when there are multiple bots of the same type (ee95d785bd)
- Change: Make available again some of the decals from the Rockies tileset (087ab8c505)
- Change: Use codesigning for the mac builds (c4edfed60d, 93f54a4531, 0c9769dd83)
- Fix: Do not reload VTOLs automatically when unloaded from a Transport (#3554, e1dcb241ab)
- Fix: Fix dangling pointer when structures are destroyed and you are repositioning the delivery point (#2041, 6382bbb08e)
- Fix: Destroyed research facilities can no longer permanently hog a research topic (#3570, 6a04b6ad67)
- Fix: Relocation of Repair Facility delivery point made possible again (#3581, caabd96741)
- Fix: Fix reverse balanced tree lookup (#3589, 64173cbd08)
- Fix: Scavengers are now correctly enabled in Challenges (#3630, 95677b02b9)
- Fix: Rework on the hash checking of maps (#3618, #3614, #3615, #3616, #3617, 398f77ede0)
- Fix: Certain ground type tiles in the Urban and Rockies tilesets to resemble the old 2.3 version terrain more accurately (#3621, 087ab8c505)
- Cleanup: Various dead code removal and minor enhancements to code readability (9d82dea37a, 06f10ca89f, 44947ad4a8, adc13fe9fa)
- Change: Don’t require OpenGL extensions to be reported, if present in the reported OpenGL version (e8ee5e6f43)
- Change: Bump MAX_TERRAIN_TILES from 100 to 512 (ab44eafb7b)
- Change: Update png to 1.5.12 (d2a8a134a6)
- Change: Update GLEW to 1.8.0 (62c8c727dc)
- Fix: Align the blueprint of a module correctly with the respective structure (#3466, 581d65411e)
- Fix: Don’t require texture_env_crossbar for shaders (#3575,#3629, 64a3cc13de, e8ee5e6f43)
- Enhancement: Minor openGL enhancement (5b9a496b1a, 2ca39e5fc7)
- Change: Add settings / UI support for shaders (7e3be754d4, ef2b23681b)
- Change: Correctly handle interface image texture pages which are not 256×256, and also simplify adding/removing of images (f879b83605, 26bb105885)
- Change: Warn when Satellite Uplink Center and/or Laser Satellite Command Post are disabled (1e5fafabb3, 552a60b099)
- Fix: Bitmap cursor now drawn correctly with Qt backend (#3562, df32833ab8)
- Change: Prevent a zero hash from being sent by the host when the user has not selected the map between starting the program and hosting (9784c655af)
- Change: Minor improvement over silently retrieving the wrong resource on filename hash collisions (74c153cf7b)
- Change: Add new function that returns unit limit(s) (67b2a6210a)
- Change: Included NoQ’s Nullbot AI (646f6d7b82, feb7476af6)
- Change: Default to xz compression for make dist (#3492, 512ef27f4d)
- Fix: Fixes compilation on non-x86 platforms (#3558, 6c6180495c)
- Change: Update custom translations (0800da0d25, 92ce0bca36)
- Change: Disable translations below 80% (#3136, a39f61281c, 16b06c0392)
- Update: Polish (#1347, 0cec33c0fc)
- Update: German (#3564, 44c810bc73)
- Update: French (#3577, #3671, 875be5fda1, 674ca3edd2)
- Update: Catalan (#3582, 3b261c24d2)
- Update: Turkish (#3591, da43686ad3)
If you are really curious what has been done, then please see: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 … s/v3.1_rc2