While we wrap up things to be able to release Alpha 10 we want to highlight a few new open positions where you can help out. Read on to see if you have the relevant skills, if so follow the instructions below the job descriptions on how to apply.
You should have
- A solid understanding of sound creation/editing so you can guide other contributors, and edit sound clips yourself. Preferably documented.
- Previous game development experience is a huge plus
- Any teamwork experience, especially in a leading position, is advantageous
Other tasks may include
- Keeping documentation up-to-date
- Putting the sounds into the game via XML editing
- Interacting with the programmers to make sure that sound is implemented in a way that makes the most sense.
You are most encouraged to make original sound contributions of your own to 0 A.D., and that is, of course, a huge plus.
One or two volunteer contributors to oversee maintainance of user & developer documentation on the Trac system.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Very good written English skills are needed
- Very good expression skills are also needed
- Technical knowledge is a plus
- Previous experience with documentation of open source or other software is also a big advantage
Familiarity with the game is not a big issue and can be learned as you go along, though is of course an advantage if you have it. Please provide expository writing examples.
To apply go to the application thread in our forums and follow the instructions there. Looking forward to working with you