New beta, hopefully works better than the previous ones.
- See also: http://developer.wz2100.net/report/17
- Loading skirmish games doesn’t work (#3451)
- Note: you can load skirmish games by starting a new skirmish game, and load from within that.
A new build that fixes Fastplay & skirmish loading from main menu is here:
You can download this build here: http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/bugfix … 8216c6.exe
NOTE, you MUST use beta 9 for MP games, or make sure everyone is using the same version as you are!
- Spurious desynch at game start, if a player joins and leaves before the game starts, and the slot is not filled before the game starts (note that moving players actually reorders the slots themselves). This means that the "2+2=5" icon will be flashing during the whole game, even with the game in synch, so the icon may probably be ignored (if you’re able to ignore an icon flashing during the whole game).
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don’t expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.
Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
- New terrain renderer*
- Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
- Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
- Gates in multiplayer games
- New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
- New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
- Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won’t all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
- Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
- Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
- Command line parameters now need a ‘=’ (which was optional before), e.g. –resolution=1400×1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 beta9:
- Change: Save campaign and skirmish games separately (#3377, d8789661fb)
- Change: Target selection improvements (fb8efec5b0, 430e55e5cd)
- Fix: Don’t confuse different unit templates (#3146, #3369, 28c10b00a8, 0de0c41629, 3bebe1a0d6, 0ad220b334)
- Fix: Don’t keep revealing terrain after units are destroyed (#3339, #3419, 21326496e1)
- Fix: Don’t randomly prevent units from firing (#3267, 17d3ea3863)
- Fix: Don’t accelerate just before reaching the destination (#3424, fb49891c23)
- Fix: Allow shooting through open gates (fcd5510a13)
- Fix: Display correct destroyed structure count at end of game (#3380, #3435, fae22f7e20)
- Fix: Don’t desync after picking up oil barrels (#3396, #3413, b6834d18cb)
- Fix: Don’t desync or freeze when a player leaves (2309f165b0, 93f0e61d92)
- Fix: Network performance improvements (b9cc7702b7, 049982522b)
- Fix: Don’t confuse Super Transport with other templates (#3426, 146332aaee)
- Fix: Make debug build net usage stats meaningful (5e3d4bcb38, 282efa8884)
- Fix: Kicking of AIs (#3439, ca736e71af)
- Change: Disable the save option between campaign missions and the autosave, since the resulting savegames don’t always work correctly (#3377, 62da559ebe)
- Fix: On Away missions, don’t check offscreen tiles. (#3403, 9775d0c4f6)
- Fix: Scavenger MRAs (#3365, e50d51339e)
- Fix: Add gate corners, and fix gate team colour (00bbfea089, 0964038ae0)
Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/blob/master/ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta8: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/compare/v3.1_beta8…v3.1_beta9