Thanks to zany and Emdek for testing to find the problem and confirming the fix, we have finally nailed the savegame issues, so here is 3.1 beta5.
Also in this build: the burn time of destroyed derricks is proportional to their completion, i.e. a half-built derrick burns half as long as a completed one. The order delay for units is reduced, and pathfinding should work better.
- See also: http://developer.wz2100.net/report/17
- Multiplayer completely broken. Aaargh.
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don’t expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.
Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
- New terrain renderer*
- Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
- Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
- Gates in multiplayer games
- New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
- New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
- Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won’t all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
- Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
- Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
- Command line parameters now need a ‘=’ (which was optional before), e.g. –resolution=1400×1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 beta5:
- Change: Adjust the burning time of destroyed oil derricks by the percentage they were completed (f6ddbf1878)
- Fix: Don’t corrupt savegames (#3200, da9d427e5d)
- Fix: Reduce unit delay by 200 ms (f36cb966ce)
- Fix: Reduce units shuffling around their destination (#2996, 0b7605c4ee)
- Fix: Don’t land several VTOLs on the same tile (9dcf5bdf4e)
- Fix: When picking up artifacts or oil drums with a sensor unit, don’t make the units attached to it shoot (#1281, 42017f5e12)
- Fix: Disable target prediction for droids that are trying to drive through stuff (a94bd6629d)
- Fix: Make "Go to Transport" button work sensibly (2d938a0323)
- Fix: Supertransporter fixes (#3196, #3210, #3224, fcede64e42, 6bc90e6d2e, 475d1e6252, 9e63fe3433)
- Fix: Don’t kick players several times (#3209, bc65f97801)
- Update: Russian (#3221, f627fd803c)
- Update: German (#3205, 6f5bf39951)
- Update: Polish (#1347, 2042b60e4f)
- Update: French (#3276, a26aa5f3ad, 2c093a6ff9)
Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/blob/master/ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta4: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/compare/v3.1_beta4…v3.1_beta5