3.1 beta3 has been tagged but not published due to problems, so now here’s beta4.
Changes since beta2: New shortcuts to select units (you need to reset your key configuration for them to become active) and lots of bugfixes, see the changelog below.
If you notice issues with savegames, please try if they’re reproducible with a game started from the current version. Old savegames can probably be loaded, but they might already contain wrong data.
See also: http://developer.wz2100.net/report/17
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
About the 3.1 series:
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don’t expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.
Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
- New terrain renderer*
- Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
- Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
- Gates in multiplayer games
- New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
- New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
- Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won’t all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
- Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
- Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
- Command line parameters now need a ‘=’ (which was optional before), e.g. –resolution=1400×1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
Changelog for 3.1 beta4:
- Change: New keyboard shortcuts for unit selection:
* Ctrl+C: All cyborgs
* Shift+C: All cyborgs with weapons
* Shift+E: All cyborg engineers
* Shift+G: All ground based attack units including hovers
* Shift+M: All cyborg mechanics
* Shift+P: All transporters
* Shift+R: All tanks with repair turrets
* Shift+S: All sensor units
* Shift+T: All trucks
- Fix: Prevent features with low health from becoming indestructible (#3134, 2fc761a304)
- Fix: Correctly use unit speed modifiers (#3140, 5a3925391e)
- Fix: Don’t fire Lassat too many times when clicking fast (#3163, ea8d833e5c)
- Fix: Clear tile after destroying a feature (#3155, db74b52388)
- Fix: Correctly check for needed OpenGL versions and extensions (a7d2c06c28)
- Change: Add a ‘Need more resources’ indicator in the power bar when needed (845d423cb2)
- Fix: Show correct speed bars when designing VTOLs (#3143, 2e03931307)
- Fix: Play sound when getting attacked (#3102, 001ef35faf)
- Fix: Increase component limit in unit design GUI (#3160, 60fb815bf3)
- Fix: Adapt minimap size to game resolution (#2694, bccb89cf37)
- Change: Allow configuring preferred player colour (cefd4179f7)
- Change: Make the Super Transport faster, lower armour, updated model (78dd89477c)
- Change: Add in-game kick by right+left clicking over the player’s channel icon (9a005ac66e)
- Fix: Allow kicking players in non-alliance mode again (#3121, 9a005ac66e)
- Fix: Allow private messages to players 8 and 9 (#3141, e581b840d6)
- Fix: Update hosting screen for ten players, move Limits and Start Hosting buttons (#3157, ac3b802a44)
- Fix: Enable minimap and unit design in away missions when an HQ exists in the remote base (#3182, 391ffb621e)
- Change: Remove old-1.10-balance mod, since it was broken (5694a6fded)
Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/blob/master/ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta2: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/compare/v3.1_beta2…v3.1_beta4