The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don’t expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.
Changes since beta1: Fixes for savegames including the missing unit designs. In multiplayer, don’t allow more players to join a game than fit on the selected map. Only allow unit design and radar while an HQ exists in the campaign. See below for more details.
If you notice issues with savegames, please try if they’re reproducible with a game started from the current version. Old savegames can probably be loaded, but they might already contain wrong data.
See also: http://developer.wz2100.net/report/17
Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
- New terrain renderer*
- Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
- New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
- New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
- Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won’t all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
- Command line parameters now need a ‘=’ (which was optional before), e.g. –resolution=1400×1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
- Everything the master snapshots up to master_20120109 contain (and everything in master up to Jan 29, 2012, see https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 … eb9ac685cd), see their announcements as well:
Changelog for 3.1 beta2:
- Fix: Show unit designs in factories after loading a game (#3094, 6f7e523bc1)
- Fix: Don’t crash when trying to paste text (#3091, de3a4112d9)
- Fix: Show loading indicator when loading the game (#3104, 7859582f13)
- Fix: Make aborted research disappear from its research facility again (#3130, ae59186a07)
- Fix: Show obsolete droids in production, to allow cancelling building them (24d0d1b64c)
- Fix: Properly enable Teams and Ready buttons (108b5ef10a)
- Fix: Only flash the research button when there is something to research and a free research facility to do so (#1835, 8d92594676)
- Fix: Only highlight the player’s own ready button on hovering (51b92cd05f)
- Fix: Actually consider AIs and closed slots when checking if players can still join (#3089, 7f7390cb7e, 32a7fe731c)
- Fix: Make the latency guesser less optimistic, should reduce freezes (8ab7ba79bc)
- Fix: Don’t lock people out of other games after getting kicked from one (415f6fe590)
- Fix: While loading the game, show the chat console and player status (fc708d6787)
Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/blob/master/ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta1: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/compare/v3.1_beta1…v3.1_beta2
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).