The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes.
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don’t expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.
Changes since the 2.3 series:
- New terrain renderer
Changes since the 3.0 series:
- New netcode
- Command line parameters now need a ‘=’ (which was optional before), e.g. –resolution=1400×1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
- Everything the master snapshots contain, see their announcements as well:
Changelog for 3.1 beta1:
- Change: Incendiary damage doesn’t affect allies, affect features (4657de6ee7)
- Fix: Incendiary armour works properly again (#3078, 666ea1050e)
- Fix: Patrol order (f2104c1836)
- Fix: Make pathfinding find straighter paths on average (bd38bfd28d)
- Change: Redesign lobby screen, shows disabled tanks/cyborgs/vtols (617e4c01e1)
- Fix: Prevent players from choosing already used colours (#3043, 7656d2f84b)
- Fix: Make aborted research disappear from its research facility (#3046, 03833edf3f)
- Fix: Make models on buttons (research, build etc.) rotate at all frame rates (#3082, 6e00044711)
- Fix: Make sure the unit order buttons show the correct unit state, and orders are executed correctly (4b53782254)
- Update: French (3c45fde143)
- Update: Turkish (#3052, 311ae3b1cf)
- Update: Hungarian (#3031, fadffc0556)
- Update: Polish (#1347, 23d33f6fff)
Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/blob/master/ChangeLog
Full list of changes since master_20120109: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/compare/master_20120109…v3.1_beta1
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).