If you are interested in translating Flare, now’s the time! There will be no string changes between now and the v0.15 release (coming soon).
Take a look at Flare’s github page, inside the mods folder. Each mod can contain its own translation. Here are the five main translation files:
- mods/fantasycore/languages/engine.pot – UI text. If you can only translate one file, I suggest putting a priority on this one. If players can read the basic UI they can at least play some of the game.
- mods/fantasycore/languages/data.pot – Core data text. Second highest priority translation file, though it’s a big one (lots of item names, in particular!)
- mods/frontier/languages/data.pot – Proper names and a small amount of quest text for the overworld areas
- mods/averguard/languages/data.pot – Text for the Averguard Keep quest area
- mods/living_bones/languages/data.pot – Text for the Living Bones quest area
Flare uses a simplified subset of GNU gettext, where only simple msgid, msgstr pairs are used. Take a look at existing translation files to see how it works.
Thanks to everyone who is helping translate!