New master snapshot. Took a bit longer than the last one, but has a lot more changes as well.
For one, the old fallback for teamcolours with OpenGL 1.4+ was included again. The main target is still OpenGL 2.0, but at least it now runs on older hardware, and you can actually tell friends and foes apart. Also some work on walls and blueprints, see the changelog for details.
Savegames from master_20111107 should still work.
We could use some community help with the following:
- Change: Remove the rule that made droids fire and move slower when damaged, since it was confusing and led to less tactical play (88815c3e8b)
- Change: Scrolling stops instantly when changing direction to make it more accurate (943b4c345d)
- Change: Allow building gates on top of walls (a7b2a5b45f)
- Change: Units spin on the spot when turning large angles (#1691, 4b08dd0b0c)
- Fix: Try to improve pathfinding behaviour (828fea7ba0)
- Fix: Don’t pathfind through unfinished gates (e0362c3639)
- Fix: Make sure that the win/lose messages are shown for the players who actually won/lost (bf6e450a30)
- Fix: Make sure units are linked to their commander when loading a game (#2928, 47ac282bcd)
- Fix: Allow unloading single droids from transporters again (#2617, 2a4a8a6884)
- Fix: Do not report incomplete structures as damaged, unless they actually were (#1911, 8d7df45d35)
- Fix: Make trucks not stop building a wall when its type changes due to connecting with other walls (0898e56847)
- Fix: Don’t cancel an order queue when trying to build an unresearched module (#2797, a4ac61551c)
- Fix: Loading/saving of rearm functionality (ae2896fcb1)
- Change: Readd the team colour fallback for OpenGL 1.4+ (2f816f5bf4)
- Change: When upgrading a building, only the added part is shown as blueprint and built (#2954, e02cb38ac0, 84eb46fa53, de1a96e2f2, af8088f61f, 999b559af3, 1f194e78f3, 71a614caeb)
- Change: Align walls to visually block narrow passages (233ee5e711)
- Change: Add L- and T-shaped walls (aa8b290324, 1f194e78f3)
- Fix: Walls correctly align to 2×2 fortresses, allied walls, and hardpoints (cff886cc36, 312b4a21c9)
- Fix: Make wall blueprints show the actual walls that will be built (#2581, 42f57b6116)
- Fix: Display an order arrow when queueing modules (#2602, #2732, a6c307920b)
- Fix: Show hardpoint blueprints even over walls (#1173, a0aaaa99a7)
- Fix: Show queued module blueprints (6a3eaf0e4d)
- Fix: Prevent ally blueprints from disappearing before the structure is visible (db864047f7)
- Fix: Properly show delivery point numbers again (#2497, 0d75a3b629)
- Change: Animate changes in power, only for the UI (53e042be15)
- Change: In multiplayer/skirmish setup, show map preview for the map the mouse is hovering over (48eda8df50)
- Fix: Don’t close the build menu unless all selected trucks are destroyed (e2cec52929)
- Fix: Make sure new radar modes are always used (7861f33505)
Full list of changes: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/compare/master_20111107…master_20111204
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
- Crashes when clicking too fast to unload single droids from a transport. (a35ff1e8fe)
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge. Direct download links:
Source (Linux): http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone … z/download
Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone … e/download
Mac: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone … g/download