This project aims to reimplement the game engine of Theme Hospital, and be able to load the original game data files. This means that you will need a purchased copy of Theme Hospital, or a copy of the demo, in order to use CorsixTH. After most of the original engine has been reimplemented in open source code, the project will serve as a base from which extensions and improvements to the original game can be made.
- If the X-Ray Viewer is inaccessible in the Operating Theatre the whole room will be unusable.
- There are still many features which are not yet implemented including trash, earthquakes, epidemics and awards.
- The graph window doesn’t show any graphs.
- Handyman priorities are not yet fully implemented.
- Added: Staff severance pay.
- Added: Patients may die if they don’t get treated in time.
- Added: Doctors slowly gain skill when working.
- Added: Extra objects and the number of trainees influence speed of training in the training room.
- Added: Even with no research new machines will eventually become available.
- Added: Some patients have started littering your hospital with soda cans! Make sure you have enough handymen to keep your hospital clean.
- Added: Modern heating systems aren’t as reliable as they used to be. Prepare for breakdowns now and then.
- New disease: Alien DNA! Note that there are still a few glitches to fix concerning this new disease.
- Change: Vending maintenance costs have increased throughout the world and as a result Sodas now cost $20, up from $15.
- Change: Heating costs are calculated on a per day basis, rather than per month.
- Change: Machine and drug improvements are now made evenly across all eligible objects rather than maxing one at a time.
- Change: Humanoids never meander outside anymore.
- Fix: Handymen no longer crash the game when trying to water an unreachable plant.
- Fix: Staff resting in the staff room should keep their sofa until fully rested if there’s nothing else to do.
- Fix: The player can’t hire new staff or pay bonuses without a positive balance.
- Added: The graph window, no graphs yet though.
- Added: Right click menu in the queue dialog.
- Added: Confirmation dialog when about to fire a member of staff.
- Fix: If there is only one person who is in an emergency, use the singular form in the sentence.
- Fix: The pickup item button in the edit room dialog is now fully functional.
- Fix: The pointer should no longer jump around in Linux when using SDL.
- Added: The scanner uses more than one animation.
- Fix: Some objects were cut in half after a relocation.
- Change: If the specified language is not found, try to revert to English.
- Fix: Competitor names are now translatable.