Alien Arena 2011 version 7.51 has been released today for windows and linux users! The latest version(7.51) of the open sourced, freeware deathmatch shooter features a host of updates and features. We have also implemented the use of AutoTools for easier and more consistent Linux/Unix/MacOS compilation.
Some of the new features in this release:
- Extensive rewrite of bsp surface rendering for a massive performance increase.
- Complete rewrite of vertex buffer object code.
- Complete rewrite of post process effects.
- Improvements to shadow mapping for dynamic shadows.
- Variety of graphical updates and bugfixes.
- Three new/revamped levels.
- Added downloading of iqm meshes.
For a complete changelog look HERE