After quite some time, another 2.3 release. This one fixes the armor that was ignored since 2.3.2, crashes when using translations and several other problems (see below).
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.
For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… if you have.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
2010-11-28: Version 2.3.6
- Fix: Prevent memory corruption in the scripting code (#1656, ddfaeca677)
- Fix: Don’t crash in the unit design screen when using unicode strings (#2209, 209e12b665)
- Fix: Don’t ignore armor (#2273, 0f3bfba734)
- Fix: Do not activate a radar detector before it has been completely built (#2202, bf058bbf20)
- Fix: Clear a droid’s order queue when it gets new orders (5e1a50db8d)
- Fix: Make rearming pads actually repair units (#2234, #2313, 81b29af81b)
- Fix: Projectiles going through terrain due to bad terrain height calculations, terrain shading (08f9fa5878)
- Fix: Prevent possible crash with multi-turret units (8d3cbb0488)
- Fix: Make power generator output in multiplayer not depend on the game difficulty setting (6752476263)
- Fix: Make sure not to give too many trucks to another player (0a9b3b44a7)
- Fix: Don’t crash when players click the “ready” button too often (#2346, b665e9d8cf)