Today, we release 2.3.3, and we strongly urge you to upgrade immediately, since it corrects a memory corruption bug that has been present throughout the 2.3 series. The two problems of 2.3.2, errors with burn damage and map loading, have also been fixed, though that means that for now, the Sk- prefixes are back. This release will not be able to load skirmish games saved in 2.3.2, but the next release will be able to.
Have fun with this new release.
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.
For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems… if you have.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
2010-08-01: Version 2.3.3
- Fix: Prevent out of bounds access of player stat arrays that would corrupt random memory (r11322, #2029)
- Fix: Burn damage calculations (r11303)