GNU FreeDink is a humourous 2D adventure/action game.
It’s a portable and improved version of the Dink Smallwood game which
was released as Free Software by its author Seth A. Robinson.
FreeDink can run the original game as well as its extensions called
Dink Modules or D-Mods for short.
FreeDink also comes with a game editor called FreeDinkedit, so you can
create your own world!
This new version v1.08.20090109 includes:
- quality on par with the original version
- compatibility mode to play old and new extensions with a single
- ability to play audio files with patent-free Ogg Vorbis format
- clearer and more robust source code (fixes crashes in some D-Mods)
- i18n system based on GNU gettext, for both the engine itself and the
games it plays.
Get it at:
This is the game engine. Other FreeDink components include:
- freedink-data: game data released this year under the free zlib
license (except for 3rd-party sounds) + some free replacements for
- DFArc: a game front-end to play and manage D-Mods
- Windinkedit: alternative windowed editor
(C+Python+Gtk port in progress)
FreeDink is packaged in several distributions including Debian,
Fedora, ArchLinux, OpenSUSE and FreeBSD, making it easy to install all
the related packages at once.
How to help:
- Provide more free replacements for the sounds
More information at http://www.freedink.org/