After a lengthy release cycle, we now have a new stable release. It took slightly longer than initially planned for but it’s finally there: Warzone 2100 2.1.
This release adds very little to RC 2. This is intended because RC stands for release candidate and thus is intended to become the release itself.
The short list (so short that it isn’t even a real list) of changes since RC 2:
- Fix a bug that caused the number of assigned units to a structure to be displayed wrongly (ticket:90)
For the full list of changes, see the change log.
The known issues from RC 2 remain. In addition we now know of an additional issue, which is the first one in the following list.
The full list of known issues:
- Switching languages through the menu, on Mac OSX can cause crashes (ticket:170).
- Save games from the 2.0 series can not be loaded with this version. (NOTE: We do not intend to “fix” this, as we are breaking compatibility with the previous save game format.)
- The multi player code has been improved since beta 2, but running out of sync is still possible.
- The game in general still aborts quite often in debug builds due to failed assertions.
- Save games from 2.1 beta 4 (that, and only that version), can not be loaded with this version. (NOTE: We cannot fix this because the beta 4 save games miss information we need.)
The source code and all available binaries can be found, as usual, at the download page.
The Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project