I thought I was making the players wait too long, nearly 10 months for the next major release. Things have been admittedly slow so I figured i’ll release what’s done so far. This is not the fabled version 0.8.0, but it is a nice prelude to it.
– New player model : Assassin. This guy kills for greed.
– New player model : Space Marine. This guy serves his Corps. In SPACE.
– New player skin : Angelyss/Neko. Mew!!!!!! :3
– New player skin : Grism/Indigo. A homage of that other game.
– Ayumi/Neko, Angelyss/Sly have been atticed due to quality reasons.
– Text font (bigchars.tga) used by console and hud messages now doesn’t bleed anymore.
– Special characters added for text font (bigchars.tga) used by some mods. If you’ve ever encountered a “?” where it shouldn’t be in a mod, this should really fix it
– lots of maps and changed maps, at least 8 new significant maps to play! This includes the reworked oa_dm3 and oa_dm5.
– oa_ctf2 is more balanced, slightly retextured.
– Elimination and CTF elimination game types. No one respawns until the round is over.
– Double domination game type. Two teams must control two points on the map for 10 seconds to score.
– Last Man Standing game type. The name of the game is self explanatory.
– Instant Gib option, gives everyone only a railgun that does kills instantly.
– All Rockets option, makes everyone only have a rocket launcher.
– Alt-tab working.
– Unlagged tracehits option, provides a more responsive feel for railguns, machineguns and shotguns.
– Classic Grism aren’t teamskins anymore. This means the ‘white’ skin will not show up during team games. In addition, the skins can be used for FFA again.
– Completely in SDL.
– BFG BFG BFG BFG
– A lot of other stuff we forgot like minor polishings. There’s lots of it and too many to mention here.
Releases can be found on the FILES page.
Mac version is coming soon!